The Systems Support Engineer is responsible for providing daily remote and onsite software and hardware support. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well along with exceptional customer service skills. Candidate will be responsible for documenting and recording hardware assets and incident ticket information.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Level 1 and Level 2 support for hardware, software and networking issues
- Fundamental foundation on Server and Workstation Operating Systems
- Server 2008/2012
- Windows 7/8
- Knowledge of mobile devices
- Windows Surface
- Understanding of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SMTP, etc)
- Provide high quality support through email, phone and onsite
- Respond, update and monitor incident tickets
- Follow service desk procedures and processes
- Record and track hardware assets
- Research and troubleshoot issues using available information
- Assist in customer on boarding and projects
- Take part in meetings and discussions when required
- Participate in Add/Move/Changes as needed
- Participate in Patch Management
- Participate in on-call rotations and respond to 24/7 systems monitoring alerts as necessary.
- Work outside normal business hours
- Knowledge of remote troubleshooting tools
- 1+ years Windows server administration (2003-current)
- 1+ years Windows desktop administration (XP-current)
- Network protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SMTP & LDAP
- Telephony including POTS, ISDN, PSTN, SIP & VOIP experience preferred
- Communication circuits including Ethernet, T1 & Fiber
- Telecommunications Knowledge, Telecommunications Technologies, Technical Understanding, Technical Documentation
- Windows Active Directory
- SCCM, Terminal Servers
- Troubleshooting telecom issues
Desired but not mandatory skills:
- Proficient in working with various telecom carriers – Verizon, AT&T, Level3 etc. to manage Network routing, provisioning and testing T1s and SIP trunks.
- VoIPFoIPSIP experience with ability to run captures and review logs and troubleshoot problems.
- Experience in maintaining an Avaya VOIP solution.
- Experience in maintaining a CISCO VOIP solution.
- Prior experience with telephone switch programming.
- Prior experience with VOIP, IP networking and PBX systems.
- Prior experience with large to very large enterprise environments that include multiple site locations.
- Experience with SIP trunks and Session Boarder Controllers.