SALES EXECUTIVE – MANAGED SERVICES, NETWORK STAFF AUGMENTATION
The Sales Executive is responsible for managing existing business and generating new business through a consultative sales approach to our target markets resulting in the sale of HMB’s managed services offerings specifically focusing on the onsite placement of network engineers. Markets include state and county agencies, public and private school systems, and small to medium size businesses in the legal, healthcare, education and not-for-profit sectors. Selling is conducted via face-to-face meetings, telephone prospecting and web research. The position operates under moderate supervision.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop sales opportunities through direct and indirect channels
- Develop strategic sales plans designed to achieve individual and organizational goals
- Respond to sales opportunities in a timely fashion
- Use Microsoft Dynamics for all Opportunities, Accounts, Leads, Contacts, and Phone and Email history to provide management with status of activity, including wins, losses, and opportunity progress and obstacles.
- Provide regular updates on challenges and trends with regards to prospective clients, sales process, pricing, and general product offering
- Participate in sales and marketing functions and meetings when required
- Maintain high level of HMB product expertise and competitive intelligence
- Provide Account Reviews on key prospects and future opportunities
- Other functions as required in the performance of HMB daily business requirements
- Ability to establish rapport at all levels within a prospective client’s organization
- Ability to work through complex negotiations, internally and externally
- Understanding of network/managed services [N/MS] market; problems and solutions, products and services, manufacturers and distributers and competition.
- Knowledge of target market N/MS requirements a plus.
- Ability to work with prospect to drive internal customers to identify and implement business process improvements
- Basic computer competency using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- High degree of professionalism in communications written & verbal; excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple priorities
- Skilled at motivating internal/external customers
- Able to respond to a rapidly changing environment
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; possess a familiarity with ECM market.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- 5+ years technology sales experience
- Proposal writing and sales presentation experience
- Product demonstration experience preferred
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Dynamic CRM preferred